Sunday, April 12, 2009

Too Much Fun

We've been having a lot of fun since we got here. Matt loves his job and we love being in a new place. Although we are still settling in and figuring out where things are we have made time for fun. Below is a photo of me with the kids at a cool park we like to go to. We are finding St. Charles to be a very family/kid oriented place.
 

Not too long after we arrived in St. Louis we bought a membership to the MO Botanical Garden. The first time we went there wasn't much blooming except in the Chinese Garden. On the whole we are finding this to be one of the best activities for our family. The kids can run around and go crazy and we feel the most peace there. Matt especially loves it. Forever a botanist!
 

This is Matt and the kids at an Easter Egg hunt at the Botanical Gardens the weekend before Easter weekend.
 

Ian finding an egg.
 

Self explanatory.
 

Me dancing with the kids to the Crawdad Song
 

I don't remember what was going on here. I just like the picture. Lily is a total mess like always. She's my messy kid.
 

Ian and Lily decorating/eating Easter brownies at Playgroup the Tuesday before Easter.
 

Silly Lily eating crayons. If I take my eyes off her for any amount of time she will eat crayons, play dough, and dog food. Yes, dog food! Yuck!!!
 

Ian and I at the Butterfly House surrounded by giant cockroaches. Ian was pretty nervous about getting in the bubble for the photo. We met Matt up at work one day last week to have some fun. Matt had some eye scan thing for work. His pupils were so dilated that he couldn't really work after the test but he couldn't drive home either. So we killed a little time with him till his eyes felt better.
 

Matt worked late one night so I let the kids stay up a little late, watch an episode of Dora the Explorer, and eat popcorn (We love our new Roku box). I admit it, I was letting them keep me company. They had a lot of fun with the popcorn.


A couple days ago Ian and I made cool Easter Eggs with wax paper and crayons. I got the idea off some other lady's blog. She made shamrocks. I saw it and thought, "You could do that with Easter Eggs". All you do is shave different colored crayons with a pencil sharpener onto wax paper. You fold the wax paper in half and iron it. Then you draw egg shapes all over the paper with a sharpie and cut them out. To be truthful Ian could only help with the shaving and spreading out part. Obviously I'm not letting him near a sharpie, good scissors, or an iron. 
 


In other news, we have drastically reduced the amount of t.v. our kids watch each day. They watch from 0-1 hours of t.v./day. I've decided against letting the t.v. socialize and enculturate my kids. And there you have it. Some of our happenings as of late. Until next time...

7 comments:

Rachelle said...

glad you are enjoying missouri! i'm excited that you live there cuz I might get to see you someday when i'm home and decide to take a long drive! it's a really cool town. things sound good for you!!! so happy for you guys!

Shelley said...

Love, love, love the photos and the posting about life in St. Louis. It sounds like you all are settling in nicely.

Taylor said...

yAy. I'm glad you are having fun in St. Louis. we loved that the zoo, and science center were free. maybe we'll be moving back there.

Janice said...

Hi Erin. Love the photos.

tracyp said...

I LOVE Lily's skeleton pants she's wearing in the first picture. Ian is braver then I... those cockroaches creep me out and I won't even look at them. I'm so glad that you like it here, we love having your family in our ward!

Roney Family said...

Looks like you are having fun! I love it that you make home wherever you live!!! The kids are getting so big and looking so grown up. Lilly is just a little doll. And Ian is a handsome thing. YOu guys are doing such a wonderful job with them!!! Wish we could see you more!!

LaDawn Lingard said...

Busy Bees